Welcome!!!

I hope you find this blog to be a place where you can find encouragement and hope in Christ in the midst of everyday life.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Snow Days, Snow Days and More Snow Days!

It has been a long, hard week here in Oklahoma, and I've only left my house three times in the last seven days! The blizzard of 2011 left us with three foot drifts of snow and a couple of inches of ice under that.  No school for four days last week and no school AGAIN today has left us wondering if life will ever be normal again.  And you want to know the good news (note the sarcasm...)? It's supposed to start again tomorrow afternoon! Another 4-8 inches is on the way.......Sigh.

I must admit though, I have needed and enjoyed the time at home.  The holiday break we had from school in December was neither restful or enjoyable and this time has made up for that.  Tristan and Katie have been fun to be with.  They have cheerfully done their chores and played together better than I could have hoped for. Praying for your children really does work or God really doesn't give us more than we can bear!!!! Either way I'll take it.

Even though the last week hasn't been what we've expected and it seems that life has been turned upside down, that is no reason to believe that God is not aware of it all, or is overlooking NE Oklahoma.  Psalm 139:16b says "All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be." (NIV) This whole week was given to me by a Creator who knew me before I was born!  Knowing that my God holds the minutes of my life in the palm of His hand is a comforting thought. That gives me a new perspective. This past week and the upcoming one are no longer full of inconvenience and a trial and to get through, or a setback to summer vacation. They are a gift from a God who desires a close relationship with the one He created.  In that walk with Him, I can find Him woven through every minute of my days.

Look for God this week, praise Him that THIS week was ordained for you in THIS way, worship Him for being your Father and Protector, and seek His wisdom and will for your week! Then, live it up, no matter how much snow you get!!

1 comment:

  1. Well said and a wonderful reminder for me! Glad you started this blog and looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete